Steps to Becoming a Click IT Franchise Owner
FIRST STEP: Is Click IT Franchise a Good Fit?
Finding our ideal candidate for Click IT franchise ownership we feel is one of our most important missions. We first evaluate if you're a good match for our franchise system and that Click IT fits within the realm of your previous work history, acquired talents, financial goals, and objectives.
Once in our initial conversations we determine that the Click IT franchise system is a very good fit, we can then move forward with the next steps. You need to have a minimum amount of liquid capital and qualify for the minimum amount of funding needed to open a store. Our experience has proven that in order to qualify for an SBA loan, your credit rating should be above 680. Exceptions are made for military veterans and in instances of extenuating circumstances. We can help you with all of this, once we agree that Click IT is a good match and you have committed to us.
- ☐ You have provided some basic information about yourself when you registered. If you haven't registered, please do so now on our Members Home Page or click REGISTER. (You will be approved automatically, once you confirm your email, at Level 1.)
- ☐ You need to take the Personality Traits Test, which helps us determine if you're a good match. (The downloadable version is an Excel spreadsheet that uses Macros.) This is an important step for both you and Click IT because we all need to be confident in our belief that you will succeed in using our systems as an independent business owner. You can read all about what we are looking for in personality traits as we build our network, by going to Our Ideal Candidate. (Level 1)
- ☐ Return the signed Confidentiality Agreement. Once you've completed this step, are registered, and have passed our personality traits test, you will be promoted to Level 2 access. Once you've received notification of your promotion, log into your account at https://members.clickitfranchise.com and you'll see the added menu links, which is confidential information you'll want to review.
- ☐ If you have less than the minimum cost estimated we determine to open your store, you'll need to get pre-qualified to receive outside funding, such as an SBA loan. We can help in this regard. We have a templated financial projections spreadsheet and business plan for you to use. Go to https://members.clickitfranchise.com/funding-options to learn more. The sooner you arrange funding the faster you can move forward with opening your Click IT Store. Be sure to also check with your personal financial advisors. (Level 1 & Level 2)
- ☐ Finding your best location to locate a Click IT store is a task that we will help you with. For level 3 candidates, we will build maps that indicate what establishments are inside a 5-mile radius of the locations being considered, along with the areas' demographics showing the resident and business populations. To check to see if your desired location is available, go to Territories Under Consideration. To learn how to research your market area yourself, go to https://members.clickitfranchise.com/how-to-find-your-click-it-retail-space.
- ☐ Once you have registered as a "Franchise Candidate", inside this private portal on your Account page, you will have access to much more information about the Click IT franchise. (The degree of information exposed depends on which level you've been approved.)
- ☐ After registering, you will be reminded to sign our Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to upgrade your account so we can reveal insider information about our franchise. In this agreement, you agree to receive all our documentation electronically which we do to save trees (as a Green Company) and make the exchange of information more efficient. (This enables you to graduate to Level 2.)
- ☐ Once you have signed this agreement, email it back to [email protected]. To log in, go to https://members.clickitfranchise.com/login. On the My Account page, you will see which level you're at. (There are four levels we expose a graduating amount of information, from less important and sensitive to most important and highly confidential. The levels are 1, 2, 3, and then "Owner", which has exposure to everything.)
- ☐ You will next need to schedule a time to speak with AL (our President) and Chris, (Click IT's Operations Manager). This first call is to get to know each other and learn more about you, while Chris enlightens you about the day-in-the-life of a Click IT store owner/manager. This will be about an hour-long conversation, where we also can answer any of your questions regarding our operations. You can make an appointment with us by going to https://clickitgroup.com/make-appointment. (You must have signed the Confidentiality Agreement before this conversation and been graduated to Level 2. Ideally, you should also have been prequalified as far as your finances before this conversation, although this is not a requirement.)
- ☐ In order to graduate to the next level in the process of becoming a franchise owner, you also must complete our Advanced Application Form which may take more than one sitting. You will find a link to it on Your Member's Account Page. You must be logged into the portal to access this application form, and it is designed to save your progress so you can go back to it if you can't complete it in one sitting. (Level 2.)
- ☐ Next will be to schedule a call again with our President, AL Harlow. During this call, he may have Robert Rosenfeld, of VP of Legal) on the line, depending how far along the process is moving for you. This will be an opportunity to discuss your chosen area to locate a store, and any further questions you may have to get more acquainted. AL will share with you at this time, more details about certain divisions of the business, so you will become more familiar with how Click IT differentiates itself with over 12 divisions of IT products, services, and solutions. Schedule an online meeting by going to his calendar: https://clickitgroup.com/make-appointment.
C. FDD & FA:
- ☐ Assuming you've completed the Advanced Application, and all parties agree that we'd like to move forward to the next steps, you will be graduated to Level three where your portal will have links to all our highly confidential legal documents. The two most important documents are a) The Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) and 2) the Franchise Agreement (FA). AL along with Bob will review the information in these documents, and if you have a franchise consultant, he or she can also provide information to help you in understanding what the meanings of certain clauses are, in comparison to other franchise documents that are similar, based on experience. It is important at this phase of the process that you bring in any legal and financial advisors, which will help make this step in discovery go much smoother.
D. Discovery Day:
- ☐ If all goes well, with all outlined above completed, then you will be invited to a Discovery Day at Click IT in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, where you will have the opportunity to meet the entire team and see for yourself the corporate store in action. A physical visit will allow you to see, touch and experience every aspect of running a Click IT store. (To see accommodations surrounding Click IT, go to Map-of-Surrounding-Area.) To make your reservation for a scheduled Discovery Day, which happens the third Friday of every month, go to https://events.clickitcomputer.com/events/.
- ☐ During Discovery Day, you will be given complete access to all that we do. You will see first hand the systems we use and will be able to speak openly with our entire staff. The purpose of our headquarter store in Chagrin Falls is to service our customers primarily, but it has also served as our Petri dish where we have learned the ins and outs of how best to sell and deliver our IT services, products and solutions to now over 2,000 customers in our local area.
- ☐ While getting to know each other better in person at Click IT, you and our staff will be discussing every aspect of running a Click IT store. Our intent is that you will leave with a very good understanding of what is required to open and run your Click IT store, with a high level of confidence that you will succeed in doing so, thereby achieving your dream of owning and running a successful business, making a good living, with normal business hours.
- ☐ After your meeting at Click IT headquarters, we all will have a good indication of whether or not a Click IT Franchise will be rewarded. If the exact territory is not yet decided, or time is needed to narrow the exact location down, then at Click IT's discretion you may be given the privilege to reserve the area for 30 days with a nominal deposit. See Territory-Reservation-Form.
- ☐ The entire franchise fee of $65,000 is due at this time the Franchise Agreement (FA) is executed. The FA is easy to complete by filling in the questions on the back pages. See Franchise Agreement.
- ☐ As a new franchise owner, you'll next need to arrange when you will be attending a week's long training session at the company store. Simply sign up for the upcoming classes which you'll find published on our events calendar found at https://events.clickitcomputer.com. Here you'll be provided with the training schedule at our company store. If there is nothing posted within a reasonable time, or if you need to request a certain time to be trained, or want to add individuals to the training roster, please just contact us to discuss and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Making the decision to become a Click IT Franchise Owner is a big decision for both us as the franchisor and you as a new business owner. We believe that this process will produce for us as an entire organization, the best-in-class franchise owners ever assembled.